Thursday, April 12, 2007Home

AIPAD 2007 and Photo Lucida

AIPAD's Photography Show 2007 has begun. Also, our own Tim Anderson is now at Photo Lucida, which is currently underway. Mary Virginia Swanson is at Photo Lucida as well, and had this to say.

From Marketing Photos with Mary Virginia Swanson:

On the eve of both AIPAD in NYC, and PhotoLucida in Portland, Oregon (where I am this week), I am reminded once again of the value of our creative community. At a time when our materials, our marketing and distribution channels and indeed our entire industry is undergoing dramatic change, the one thing we can count on is our community. Being in the company of sage artists and those who are just coming into their own, seeing accomplished works and those in progress - this is what is all about. I am priviledged to be a part of this community, among colleagues whom I respect and continue to learn from. This is what inspires me to share all that I can with those wishing to bring their work to the broadest possible audience. I too am reminded that I am rich with friends, immeasurably so; a gift not to be taken for granted.

Stay tuned for reports on both events next week. If you would like to receive regular updates and announcements (including registration opportunities for events like these two), click here to be taken to the subscription and archive site for FRAMES: The CameraArts Newsletter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home